Friday, April 15, 2011

Let's Take A Walk

"I therefore, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace."  -Ephesians 4:1-3


     My heart aches because of a generation that claims Christ, and wants to experience the benefits of the Holy Spirit, but fails in walking in such a manner worthy of the calling to which they have been called. They have been called, even COMMANDED, to honor God and obey his precepts but daily rebel and shame the name of God.
But, at some point, didn't we all?
I catch myself thinking, "How can I measure up?"
"How can I walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which I have been called?"
"I continually fall short!"

     I think that's the beauty of it, I can't! That's when God's Word in 2 Corinthians 12:9 sweeps in and gives me hope!

"My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness."

     His grace is sufficient, for me, for a generation of students who are constantly searching for satisfaction in all (which in reality, is so little) this world has to offer, and for every man and woman, here, there, and to...the ends of the earth!

     Could you imagine the impact that this generation could have for the sake of the gospel if we started walking in a manner worthy of the calling to which we have been called? If we not only claimed Christ, but desired humility, gentleness, patience, bearing with one another in love, and striving to maintain the unity of the Spirit?
Oh, how I long for that day!
Faith compels action.
And I will be active.




Photo Credits: Whitney Pritchett (www.whimsicalharmony.blogspot.com)


No comments:

Post a Comment